Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Blog about our Breast Cancer Event

I just had a little girl and as I look at her I wonder, "Could she develop breast cancer?". It seems that more and more we hear about women contracting this horrible disease and as a man, it has been outside my radar, even though men are also at risk. That is why this month's Dinner Project charity was so dear to my heart.

Friday marked the Dinner Project's Breast Cancer Awareness event to benefit breast cancer research and it was a great success. The Boobie-Q brought out a lot of delicious food as well as a group of amazing women who donated their time and energy to such a worthy cause. I find myself to be the sole man at most of these events and I was privileged to be in such esteemed company.

We heard from Sonya on her upcoming return to the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk for cancer and many of our group helped her get on her way to her goal. There was also a survivors story that was told which is always humbling and inspiring to hear.

Thanks again Sonya for hosting such an amazing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment