Saturday, July 31, 2010

9 is the Loneliest number?

Okay...computers, SO not my thing! Blogging... again, not my thing. Trying to be a team-player and wanting the Dinner Project to be successful--so my thing!! So here I sit, typing on the computer, blogging on a Saturday while the hubby and kids nap.

The only thing I know about blogging is from the movie Julie/Julia. Amy Adams' character is so charming while she blogs and is ecstatic when she finally gets a comment from a "follower" and it turns out to be her mom asking why is she still wasting time with this "thing". Well, I have 9 followers...NINE!! Okay, so if you subtract the 4 founders, my poor husband, and two of my friends that I beat at arm-wrestling to join the blog...I have TWO people following along and zero comments. (also, when I asked one of the 2 people what she thought about the last blog post she answered, "Oh, I haven't gotten around to reading it yet."--lovely!) So why am I still "wasting" my time with this?

Because, I care and the 9 people following these posts care. And, each of the 9, know at least 9 more people that care and so on. Making a difference is what warms our souls. That is why those silly, sappy insurance commercials where the man picks up the stuffed animal for the kid in the stroller; whose mom in turns holds the door for someone trying to catch the elevator, and each kind act begets another kind act until it comes full circle tugs at our hearts and makes us smile. We care because we live in Texas and always comment how very kind and nice people in our great state are compared to somewhere else we have lived or visited. Every small act counts and comes full circle. So get the word out about the Dinner Project, let that be your kind act today--I guarantee a smile ahead!

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for the party and I will be telling people of my plans to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trinity--thank you for my "Amy Adams" moment and for not being my mom!! See you Aug 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet. I can't wait to experience African Cuisine. Not so sure about making it but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete